In order to reduce the amount of stuff, we keep in our home and lives, we need to look for products and tools that can be extremely versatile and used for many different things. A minimalist wants the equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife for everything.
And I found out that you can use coconut oil for hair loss. It works wonders and even if you are not losing hair you can still put the coconut oil in your hair to make it healthier.
I use it instead of almost all other traditional personal hygiene products:
- I use it as a deodorant in my armpits – it is antibacterial, so it kills the smelly germs
- I use it as a moisturizer for my face, around the eyes, and on the lips when it is cold outside
- I use it to do oil pulling for my teeth
- I use it to make a whitening past for my teeth, by mixing it with baking soda – extremely effective!
- I get slight eczema on my elbows, so I also use it for that
- And so on, and so on
This is just off the top of my head.
The ways in which you can use coconut oil is endless. Try googleling around, and learn about the many other ways you can use it. Maybe you have some personal needs, where it can help as well.
And don’t forget, you can actually eat it too :p
Try and see if you can find other products that can serve you for many different purposes, in order to live a lighter and more minimal life. If you know about any, feel free to comment underneath, so other readers can learn.