I recently started sharing a picture of all my newest blog posts on Instagram.
I actually thought it wasn’t going to be a very good content sharing strategy, because pictures of my computer screen isn’t that attractive to look at.
However, I think it turned out to be a great idea, since my posts have gotten relatively many likes, and I have seen some spikes in the amount of visitors the website has had, since doing it.
So, now that I have decided, that this is going to be a part of my routine, to share a new post there every time, I have decided to automate the process, so that I don’t have to think about it again.
(This blog post is actually going to be the first one, going through the new process:))
Here is how I do it
I have set it up so, every time I post a new blog post, here on the website, an email gets send to my Fancy Hands assistant, via IFTTT:
I am now going to show you, exactly which instructions I give to the assistant, which means, if you want to, you can copy this process, and do the same for yourself, you can just use this template.
The email says:
Subject: Please post a picture of my new blog post on Instagram
Hello Fancy Hands<br><br>
I have just posted a new blog post on my website, and I need you to take a picture of it, and share it on my Instagram profile – so you will need a smartphone to complete this task.<br><br>
Here is a link to my new blog post:<br>
And here is a link, for the instructions, on how to do it. Please follow them carefully:<br>
(LINK TO MY SHARED EVENOTE DOCUMENT WITH INSTRUCTIONS)
(For people who don’t know, “<br>” is basic HTML, which you need for IFTTT, it just means “go down to next line”, like hitting “enter” on your keyboard)
Here is what the shared Evernote document with the instructions says:
Hello Again mr./mrs. Fancy Hands
Here is how you do it:
- You go to that link I send you in the email.
- Take a picture of the blog post, on your smart phone
- You can either do that, by going to my website on your computer, and take a picture of your computer.
- Or, you can go to my blog on your phone, and make a screen shot….. You decide! 🙂
- Now, open up the Instagram app on your phone, and log in to my account:
- Username: maxmicheelsen1
- Password: XXXXXXX
- Post the picture you just took
- Put in a description saying something like: “New blog post is up on the blog! Check it out guys!” … Please be creative, I won’t blame you, whatever you write! 🙂
- Also, remember to use some hash tags. Use at least 10, but more is obviously better. You can choose whatever hash tags you find relevant, but if you need some inspiration, here are some of the ones that I use the most:
#Biohacking #Paleo #Primal #Performance #Productivity #Health #Brainpower #Flow #fitfamdk #fitness #Bulletproof #Innovation #Business #Entrepreneurship
7. Now, you only need to select, that you would like to share the picture on Twitter and Facebook as well.
8. Please click “post”, and you are done!
Thanks for your help, and I will talk to you soon!
And that’s it! that is the whole process. Please go ahead and steal it for yourself, in order to save time.
Hope you enjoyed it!